Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 188: Of History and Engines


Glass Mosaic (approx 12' x6')

The Tennessee State Museum is wonderful.  Well, until Bicki got us kicked out when they discovered her purse (which is allowed) was actually a knapsack (which isn't allowed). Bad Bicki!   Fortunately the transgression wasn't noticed until we'd been there for three hours making it pretty much time to leave anyway.


Glass Mosaic Close-up

We're interested in the glass mosaic pictured above because we plan on using the same technique in our house's entryway.  Ours will be backlit.  I was going to suggest backlighting to the Museum staff but our dishonorable discharge precluded it.


Pollinating

Nellie's engine now has almost 400 hours on it since February's paint job.  I knew I would appreciate a clean engine, what I hadn't expected is how much I'd learn from it.  The first thing learned was how blissfully unaware I was of small oil and coolant leaks. The second thing learned is that I miss that bliss ;-)


All Alone

At the Nashville East Dock.  No miles today so holding at 2,955 miles for the journey.  DBH