Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Beer and a Smile

Day #52: Raising the anchor this morning was a goat-rope. Well, no goat actually, but 50' of its rope was well and truly tangled around the anchor. Pulling up debris has been a rare occurrence; four years ago we hooked a cinderblock and 20' of chain. Untangling that mess gave me pause as visions of the chain tangling on me, as the cinderblock drug us both under, danced in my head. Today's rat nest of rope wasn't nearly as dangerous but it required the same solution: drop the dinghy and use it as a work platform. In short order the rope was in a garbage bag and we were underway.

It was 15nm to tonight's anchorage in Wapoo Creek. What you don't see in today's picture is the beer in my hand and the smile on my face as we enjoy a quiet moment after a great walking tour of Charleston, SC. The total mileage is now 970nm. DBH