Thursday, August 31, 2017

Day #55: Midland Day 8


The Trent-Severn Waterway

I don't want to give any false impressions, the map above, with its cartoon trail, shows where we will be going.  The Trent-Severn, with its 45 locks, is 240 miles long.  Saturday the adventure begins.

The weatherman was right, the promised 20kt winds were with us most of the day.  They created an uncomfortable surge here at the dock.  However, other than a lot up and down and a lot side to side, Nellie didn't move today.

I spent the afternoon with my head down in the bilge debugging an electronic water-sense switch for the Slurpee (a new system which promises to keep the bilge completely dry).  Nellie was bouncing so much I got nauseous.  The good news is I got the switch working--before throwing up...

We're holding at 1800 miles.  No complaints though, it's nasty out there.  Safely tired to the dock in Midland, Ontario.  DBH